Customized Crosswind Training
Everyone has different needs when it comes to training and professional development.
There are a variety of topics, duration and depth that can go into training.
At Crosswind we have provided training and professional development since 1998. In that time we have learned that the majority of our audience can fit their needs into a standard option, such as a 4-day boot camp, a 2-day Scrum class or an evening/weekend class.
Not everyone fits into that standard footprint. That’s where Crosswind really makes a huge difference for those in need of customized courses.
Crosswind can structure a custom course for your organizational needs in the following areas.
- Project Management
- Program Management
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Requirements Management
- MS Project
- Work Breakdown Structures
- PMI® Certifications
The duration of a custom course varies based on the topic, depth of detail and specific desired learning outcomes. Most custom courses are anywhere from four hours to four days and utilize world class Crosswind products and curriculum.
In most cases the Crosswind custom courses are taught by Crosswind Founder, Author and Lead Trainer, Tony Johnson. Tony has authored 39 books in the project management field and currently holds 14 industry credentials/certifications.
Classes can be offered at your location, the Crosswind classroom (In Carrollton, Texas), or online virtual-live.
Some of our more recent custom courses have included the following:
- A 2-day Scrum Fundamentals/Agile overview course at a telecom equipment company. It was held virtual-live across the US and in Ireland simultaneously via streaming.
- A 3-day project management fundamentals course at a retail headquarters that aligned with the PMO’s project management methodology.
- A 4-hour team building event at an automotive headquarters focusing on agile team building events including product building and team development.
- A 2.5 day MS project class covering two different versions of the software as it aligned with the company project management methodology and enterprise reporting
- A 2-day Non-Certified Scrum Master course at a retail headquarters focusing on how Scrum is customized in their workplace
- A 15 course offering with a state utility company focusing on ½ day Project Management overview, 3-day project management fundamentals, and 4-day Project Management Professional (PMP)âexam boot camp, with specific learning objectives for each audience to ramp each audience up to work in their jobs, and better interact with the audience from the other two types of course.
- A PMP® Exam Bootcamp that was held on Fridays for a company that needed to switch off between two different groups of students. This allowed the students to attend class every other Friday (Groups A and B had alternating Fridays off work) on their day off, while not negatively impacting their availability at work.
- A PMP® Exam Bootcamp on 4 consecutive Fridays that allowed students to review topics between sessions.
- An evening PMP® Exam class that covered the same topic two nights in a row each week, to allow students the flexibility to attend class as their schedules allowed.
With Crosswind custom courses you will work directly with the Crosswind Founder, Tony Johnson to establish learning goals and outcomes to ensure the approach meets your organizational needs.
Your organization will have the Crosswind General Manager as your main point of contact for all course logistics and Crosswind Founder, Tony Johnson as your main point of contact for Crosswind custom course delivery.
At Crosswind Learning, Rule #1 is “Take care of people”
Fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly to discuss further details about onsite training that works for you!